· We currently have over 20 AVID trained faculty and staff members.
· 100% of our AVID senior classed has been accepted into college.
· Two members of the Miami Beach Senior High staff are certified AVID trainers to hold official Path Trainings and Summers Institutes in Social Sciences (6-12) and Counseling.
· Multiple members of our AVID Site Team have leadership positions within our school and community including:
o ESSAC, Curriculum Council, MBSHS Activities Director, Cheerleading Sponsor, Soccer Coach, Cross Country Coach, Track Coach, Wrestling Coach, MBSHS Department Heads, Greater Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, Posse Foundation, Kiwanis of Miami Beach, Miami Beach Senior High Alumni Association, and PTSA Board Members.
· Two former AVID tutors are now faculty members of Miami Beach Senior’s Mathematics Department and an MBSHS AVID alumni has become our AmeriCorps Vista.
· AVID students are leaders within the school community in groups including:
o AVID Council, National Honor Society, Math National Honor Society, Student Government Association, Key Club, Brazilian Club, Hispanic Club, DFYIT, Band and its Auxiliary, Fusion Dance, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, College Club, Yearbook, Rock Ensemble, Drum Corps, Sound Engineering Crew, Football, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Swim Team, Bowling and JROTC
· The AVID program includes members from each of Miami Beach Senior High School’s academies.
· AVID program received over $15,000 through fundraising and PTSA grant applications to pay for local, in-state and out-of-state college field trips, in school events and AVID Banquets.
· 100 incoming freshman applied to participate in the AVID program for the 2014-15 school year
o 65 were accepted
· Miami Beach Senior High School’s AVID Program has several community partners including:
o Educational Fund
o ReServe Elder services
o Kiwanis of Miami Beach
o Moises Bakery
o City of Miami Beach
o West Care The Village South
o Miami-Dade College
o Posse Foundation
· WICOR Strategies are utilized school-wide.