Summer 2019 Algebra 1 and Geometry
The Division of Academics, Department of Mathematics is informing all K-8 Center, middle and high school principals, assistant principals and mathematics teachers of the voluntary summer 2019 Algebra 1 and Geometry Readiness courses available to students on Edgenuity.
- The Algebra 1 and Geometry Readiness resources are designed to address and build on the prerequisite skills necessary to be successful in the Algebra 1 and Geometry courses.
- To facilitate student access to Edgenuity, all current 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will have the Edgenuity FSA-Algebra I Readiness Course and all current 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students will have the Edgenuity FSA-Geometry Readiness Course automatically assigned on their portal no later than Friday May 31, 2019.
- To access the Edgenuity FSA-Algebra 1 Readiness Course and FSA-Geometry Readiness Course components, students should follow the directions found at the following link; Accessing the Edgenuity FSA Readiness Resources
- In addition, given the Algebra I EOC graduation requirement, an Algebra 1 Readiness PDF Student Packet will be available on the Student Portal and it consists of sample lessons, practice problems, and an online instructional component through Edgenuity. Instructions on accessing the Algebra 1 Readiness resources can be found at the following link; Accessing the Student Algebra I Readiness Packet.
- The Algebra 1 Readiness Student Packet Answer Key will only be available on the Parent Portal as part of the Algebra 1 Readiness Parent Packet, instructions on accessing the parent packet can be found at; Accessing the Parent Algebra I Readiness Packet
- Teachers should advise the following target audience students of available course offerings.
o Algebra 1 Readiness Target Students
- Middle School students scheduled to take Algebra 1 during the 2019-2020 school year. It is highly recommended that Middle grades teachers share this information with applicable students.
o Geometry Readiness Target Students
- Middle School and High School students scheduled to take Geometry during the 2019-2020 school year. It is highly recommended that Middle and High School teachers share this information with applicable students.
o The Algebra 1 resources will be available on the Student and Parent portals by May 31, 2019
o The Edgenuity FSA-Algebra 1 Readiness Course and the FSA-Geometry Readiness course will only be available from May 31, 2019 through August 30, 2019