Miami Beach Senior High Commencement Ceremony
June 6th, 2018 REPORT TO Watsco Center Field House at UM BY 1:00 PM
This is a FORMAL EVENT and should be taken seriously*
(Please see below)
- White, pastel colored or light beige dress only
- Knee length (anything shorter or longer will show)
- Stay away from dark colors (remember the gowns are sheer)
- Stay away from stripes/polka dots-they will show through your gowns and look like stains in pictures
- NO SANDALS and NO SNEAKERS
- Heels are preferred (make sure they are a manageable height)
- NO PURSES
- NO STOLES
- NO CELL PHONES
- White or beige dress shirts (collars & button down)
- Blue or black dress pants
- Dress shoes
- NO TIES
- NO POLOS
- NO JACKETS
- NO JEANS and/or SNEAKERS
- Stay away from stripes/polka dots-they will show through your gowns and LOOK like stains in pictures
- Stay away from dark colored shirt (remember the gowns are sheer)
- NO STOLES
- NO CELL PHONES
IMPORTANT Ceremony Procedures
- Tassels from right to left
- Males take off caps for Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem
- NO portable technology i.e. cell phones and cameras on your person (will be taken prior to entering graduation)
- DO NOT throw any items (CAPS, balloons, beach balls, etc.)
- Acting out or inappropriate behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED-YOU MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE CEREMONY
Students MUST PRESENT YOUR CAP WITH YOUR NAME AND STUDENT ID# to receive their diploma
To order final transcripts students MUST HAVE
- NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE UNIVERSITY ON PAPER
- VALID PICTURE ID
- EACH TRANSCRIPT IS $2.00-CASH ONLY- EXACT AMOUNT
Days to preorder your transcripts:
- May 31st after senior meeting in the auditorium
- June 1st – June 5th from 10:00 am-12:00 pm in the GYM
- June 11th throughout the summer from 10:30 am-11:30 am Mondays through
Schedule for Graduation Procedures
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR REHEARSAL TO WALK IN GRADUATION. ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN EVERY MORNING.
Thursday, May 31st – Meeting after awards ceremony in auditorium. Report to 1st block. Seniors will be called down to the auditorium at approximately 7:45 am. The MEETING is MANDATORY!
F Friday, June 1st - Rehearsal in auditorium/Gym: Report to 1st block. Seniors will be called down to the auditorium at a approximately 8:00 am. MANDATORY REHEARSAL. Ticket distribution will begin at around 12:00PM. THIS IS THE O ONLY TIME TO GET GRADUATION TICKETS.
Monday, June 4th Rehearsal in gym: Students report to 1st block. Seniors will be called down to the gym for rehearsal for the rest of the day. All seniors will report to second lunch. MANDATORY REHEARSAL.
Tuesday, June 5th – All seniors report to the gym during first block. Cap and Gown distribution will begin at around 12:00PM. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME TO GET CAP AND GOWN/ TICKETS.
E Early release (on 6/1, 6/5 and 6/5) only if parents signed students out ahead of time (see attached letter below).
Graduation - Wednesday June 6th - Watsco Center at UM AT 3:00 PM, line up by 1:00 PM
Watsco Center Venue Policies
The staff will be using metal detecting wands and bag checking prior to entering
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Watsco Center events and is subject to change. Please contact Guest Services for specific policies/information. For the safety of our guests, the Watsco Center does not permit the following items into the Arena.
- Weapons, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks
- Food, beverage, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, drugs, illegal substances
- Pamphlets, stickers, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Laptop/Tablet computers, 2-way radios, laser pointers, flashlights
- Tablet computers larger than 9.56 inches (243 mm) (H) x 7.47 inches (190 mm) (W) X 0.34 inches (8.8 mm) (D)
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Cameras: no flash/professional photography, tripods, monopods or selfie sticks.
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases, duffle bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6”
- Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters: may not be larger than 11" x 17" or attached to a pole/stick
- Masks are prohibited and may not be worn at any time while inside the arena.
*Management reserves the right to amend the above policy without notice depending on individual event restrictions. In addition, Management reserves the right to restrict any article not specifically listed above.
Parking available in the Merrick and Pavia Lots – Please see map (attached below)
Students must meet in the field house at 1:00 PM - Please see map (attached below)
For Parents and Guests – The main doors open at 2:00 PM, everyone must be seated by 2:45 PM