Flex Editor App
Miami Beach Senior High School
Course Title: Physical Science
Instructor: Ms. S. Lombardo
(305) 532-4515 ext. 2237
The purpose of this course is to teach students important physics and chemistry topics that will prepare them to understand different processes in our daily life, motivate them to do some science research, and prepare for future science studies.
Major Course Topics:
- Motion and forces
- Work and energy
- Matter and energy
- Atoms and elements
- Changes of matter
- Electricity and magnetism
- Waves, sound, and light
- Textbooks: CPO-Science Foundations of Physical Science. School Specialty Science. Third Edition, 2009.
- Students will use the textbook online at home for studying, reviewing and doing homework. Should a student prefer a paper copy of the textbook, one will be provided. There will be a class set for lecture.
Each student will bring to class:
- Composition book and a duo tang folder with prongs or a binder not shared with other classes
- Pencil, pen, and eraser
- Colored pencils or crayons
- Every student enrolled in a science class must pay a science fee.
- Payable during school hours at the treasurer’s office
- Tests will count as two credits.
- Quizzes, classwork, homework will count as one credit.
Students are expected to follow all District and School rules. Specific classroom rules are posted in the classroom. These rules include but not limited to:
- Show respect for your teacher and your classmates
- No chewing gum, eating, or drinking in class
- Use appropriate language
- Keep your hands to yourself
- Enter and leave the classroom in an orderly and timely fashion
- Respect school property including laboratory equipment
- Keep your desk and area around you clean
- Follow directions and stay on task
- Electronics are not permitted unless authorized by Mrs. Lombardo for academic purposes
Reprimands for Disruptive Students:
- Verbal reprimand
- Change the student’s seat
- Student-teacher mini-conference
- Phone call home
- Detention in teacher’s classroom
- Parent-teacher conference
- Referral to the administration
Students are expected to be in class every day. If you have an excused absence, it is your responsibility to make up any missing work within 48 hours.
For information on progress reports, report cards and the school calendar, visit:
Please sign and return to Mrs. Lombardo